General Manager in Myanmar
Join Khiri Travel Myanmar’s team of young and dynamic travel professionals in Yangon. Our goal is to show our clients the best Myanmar has to offer in a fun, interactive and original way.
As a young team, we need people with a lot of flexibility who are not shy in making decisions, take responsibility and like the idea of working as hard as you play!
We’re looking for an expatriate to lead the team, based out of our Yangon office. An extensive 6 month in-house training will prepare you to take on this dream role. This position reports directly to the CEO of Khiri Travel in Bangkok.
- Ensure fast, correct and efficient communications between the sales teams and overseas tour operators.
- Ensure proper usage of Khiri Travel systems by directly supervised teams.
- Nurture existing client relations and maximize their potential.
- Successfully grow new leads sourced by management into performing agents for the company.
- Create new itineraries for new and existing agents according to their needs.
- Oversee product training and knowledge sharing projects.
- Coordinate benchmarking with peers in other Khiri Travel countries to ensure best practices.
- Create and implement Standard Operating Procedures across departments.
- Be an advocate of the company’s core values.
- Lead Khiri Travel Myanmar’s management team.
- Approve daily payments.
- Account Management: Pro-actively engage our tour operator clients to resolve structural problems and customer complaints.
- Account Management: Maximize the potential of existing clients by increasing margin and turnover through product analysis and improvements.
- Account Management: Manage product-related correspondence between the sales teams and their tour operator clients.
- Customer Care and Quality Control: Lead, develop and manage the operations and customer relations teams.
- Customer Care and Quality Control: Manage client and supplier feedback.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the travel industry, preferably in Asia.
- Knowledge of Myanmar travel products.
- Excellent communication skills in English (Dutch or German is an advantage.)
- Experience in travel industry sales.
- Passion for travelling and open to exploring new cultures.
- Service-minded orientation with attention to detail.
- Ability to think out of the box.
Candidates must submit a letter of motivation / cover letter to be considered for this position. Only candidates of interest will receive an invitation for a 1st round interview in either Bangkok or Yangon.
Interested? Please send detailed CV with recent photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org