Product, Operations and Sustainability Manager at Khiri Travel Cambodia
Title: Product, Operations and Sustainability Manager
Reports to: Khiri Cambodia General Manager
Product, Operations and Sustainability Manager will be based in our Siem Reap office but will be required to travel from time to time as needed in Cambodia and also regionally as needed.
As a Product, Operations and Sustainability Manager your main role will be assisting the General Manager by supporting sustainability practices, perfecting all operations on the ground as well as product development and be a champion of the “triple bottom line.”
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To source and analyse (new) suitable products (sustainable, community-based activities, innovative “value-added” etc.)
- In charge of the correct input of our net and selling rates into Jambix (our software)
- To be fully in charge of quoting some new programmes for potential lead agents
- Full in charge for contracting and sourcing the right products for the yearly programmes of our group series and modules agents
- Co-ordinate the pricing policy and margins with the General Manager
- To conduct inspection trips regularly to check the products/suppliers and make informative reports, maximum one week after return to the office
- Long-term account management (relationship building) with all local suppliers and some clients.
- Motivate and drive the local team to exceed expectations.
- To write and develop the product ‘master’ manuals
- To embrace the IT backbone of the company; Jambix, Google+, Basecamp, twitter etc
- Support reservations, sales and operations with questions they might have
- To prepare product knowledge database (in Jambix) for the sales department in order for them to be able to sell smoothly
- To conduct internal trainings on a regular basis to the sales, operations and reservations teams
- To supply interesting content to our marketing department for our monthly newsletter as well as our corporate social media
- To evaluate his/her direct staff performance including appraisal interviews of staff every 6 months and record the results and agreements of the interview into his/her HR file for future reference.
- Act as a ‘quality monitoring and encouragement’ force for proposed improvements.
- Thorough understanding of the company’s products, along with a good knowledge of Khiri Travel providers/suppliers.
- Brief tour leaders and guides on their upcoming trips, stressing client’s expectations and client’s special needs.
- To receive and debrief tour leaders and guides. Ensuring all files, paperwork and finances are correctly accounted for.
- Make contact with clients at regular intervals during their programs with the team
- To resolve proactively any complaints and answer any questions and concerns regarding services, procedures.
- Interact with other Khiri Travel destination offices.
- Delegate tasks as deemed necessary and in line with the individual team members expertise and experience.
- Preparation of reports as requested whether they be daily, weekly, monthly etc.
- Monitor and assign the emergency phone roster and participating in handling the emergency/afterhours system.
- Support in Account Management efforts for specific accounts
- Add value to communications of sales team by providing additional travel information, suggestions and advise on alternatives when needed
- Help build long-term relationships in line with Khiri values with our overseas partners.
- Assist with reservations and Customer Relations matters where necessary
- Embrace the IT backbone of the company: Jambix, Google+, Basecamp, Gmail, KMP.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A thorough understanding of the tourism industry
- Thorough planner of what needs the be done when + action-oriented leader
- Ability to build and maintain a good social business network
- Passionate about Cambodia and the people – cultural understanding.
- Creative thinker with the ability to generate/develop fresh ideas
- Fluency in English, additional languages are advantageous
- Experience: Minimum two years of experience in travel industry or education.
- Bachelor degree – preferably in Tourism or Hospitality
- Deep interest in local and regional travel
- Sales oriented
- Team player with positive attitude
- Demonstrated team player, with a ‘hands-on’ attitude
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Representing the company at all times in a high fashion (at tradeshows, while on the road, while networking etc.) and dress accordingly
- Manages and achieves all goals through effective time management—very deadline sensitive
- Organised self-starter with the ability to motivate others, liaise internally and externally and collaborate effectively and constructively with peers and across organisational boundaries
- Demonstrating very high accuracy and consistent quality of work
- Be willing to go the extra mile in order to deliver outcomes
- Creative, innovative, trustful and passionate – a champion of the “triple bottom-line.”
Benefits & Salary
- International Medical Insurance
- Work permit & Visa (if needed)
- Annual bonus based on performance and competitive salary
- Phone allowance and laptop
Please send your CV to Miles, General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org