Myanmar’s ‘Green Season’ Offers Cool Advantages
Myanmar’s beautiful ‘green season’, when the rains come, is just around the corner. Lasting from May through September, the months during the green season are one of the country’s best-kept secrets! Visiting Myanmar during the rains offers sorts of benefits that you just don’t get to enjoy if you visit during the more popular months that make up the high season.
Contrary to popular belief, rainfall during the green season usually occurs at the end of the day when temperatures are at their coolest. What’s more, these rains can really add to the beauty of the landscape as the refreshing rain brings out the kaleidoscope of colors, swells the rivers, stirs wildlife to activity and generally brings the lush green forests and fields back to life.
At Khiri Travel Myanmar we believe that the coming months are the perfect time for your clients to choose Myanmar on the spur of the moment. Those of us at Khiri Travel, who have had family and friends come to visit during this time, have recommendations that may surprise your clients. Indeed, statistics indicate that it rains only about 25 percent of all the days during the green season in the top tourist destinations of Bagan, Mandalay, Northern Shan State, Kalaw and Inle Lake. Even when it does rain, afternoon showers are usually intense but short.
Here are 10 great reasons to come to Myanmar during the green season:
- The landscape all around the country is very lush and green (even in the Dry Zone).
- There are more hours of daylight for sightseeing, with earlier sunrises and later sunsets.
- It’s not too hot in the Dry Zone and not too cold in the mountains.
- There are fewer tourists and smaller crowds at top tourist sites and transport hubs.
- Fewer tourist means less chance of other tourists photo-bombing your selfie!
- The low season offers very competitive hotel deals, some with up to 50% discounts. There is also a better choice of rooms and guides.
- Low season arrivals enable more income sustainability for local businesses that operate year round.
- The green season is fruit season! Mangoes and other seasonal fruits are at their best, sweet and fresh!
- The monsoon winds bring rain, but it is usually confined to intense afternoon thunderstorms that pass quickly.
- There are many good promotions and excellent value for your money.
The green season is a secret we are happy to share with you!
For more information and bookings for Myanmar’s green season, please contact email@example.com or contact below.