About the Author
After another Myanmar bus experience, this one during the day, complete with extra seating placed in the aisles (where one of my seat mates vomited for a while into a plastic bag), we arrived in Bagan, Myanmar’s answer to Cambodia’s Angkor Wat.
Last time we visited Bali, we were here for Nyepi, the Balinese New Year and day of silence, and were sequestered in our hotel room for a day. So, I was not surprised to hear that there was a big religious celebration within days of our arrival in Bali. The Hindu calendar is full of them.
I have been known to be the Goldilocks of the Beaches – never able to find the one that fits me perfectly. In Myanmar, of all places, I found the perfect beach for me. I almost don’t want to talk about it. I would prefer it to remain just as it is, with few tourists, […]
It is amazing what can happen on a quick trip for lunch in Southeast Asia. When in the States, 9 times out of 10 nothing interesting happened during a lunch break at work. Well, there was the one time in DC where we had an earthquake. And, there was the time I stopped at a […]
I do enjoy heading out to a Bia Hoi in Hanoi, and love some of the traditions that go along with serving in Vietnam, but my favourite part of the beer drinking culture in Vietnam is toasting! Toasting in Vietnam Drinking beer in Vietnam is all about the tradition of toasting, and all the formalities that go […]
- Amazing Adventures in Indonesia with Khiri Travel
- Sri Lanka Is Asia’s Answer to Year Round Travel
- Bursting with Promise: Battambang’s Inspiring Art Scene
- Stepping into A Hidden Oases – An Alternative Approach to Bagan
- The Green Season in Myanmar – Deals Are Waiting
- Khiri Travel Works With Top Rated Guides
- Accommodation Adventure Bangkok Beach Cambodia Community Based Tourism Culture & Heritage Day tour Festival Food History Hotels & Resorts Indonesia Laos Luang Prabang Myanmar National Park Phnom Penh Phuket Responsible Travel Siem Reap Southeast Asia Sri Lanka Sustainability Thailand Traditional Travel Tips Vietnam Wildlife Yangon