Title: Accounting Manager
Join a dynamic team
Creativity and a genuine passion for responsible travel are at the core of all we do at Khiri Travel. We’re real specialists in each of our destinations, living up to our reputation, we share our passion for discovery. We love what we do and that shows in the team spirit. Dream destinations are our place of work and we take it as our responsibility to care for and ensure they remain fabulous to visit for generations to come. We truly believe tourism can be a force for good.
Khiri Travel Thailand seeks an experienced Accounting Manager with expertise in best practices and accounting processes for join for our Finance & Administration team at our Khiri Travel Bangkok office, in Nonthaburi. The successful candidate will be a pro-active self-starter who can not only manage the accounting department but identify ways to improve it, through greater accuracy and efficiency. Start date will likely be September 1, 2020.
Specific Purpose and Scope of Work
To ensure the highest level of financial management and oversight. Responsible for all aspects of Khiri Thailand’s finance & accounting, including AR, AP, Reporting, Record keeping, and system accuracy.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
– Thai national
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
– 3+ years of experience in similar positions progressively greater responsibility
– Advanced understanding of standard accounting practices
– High level of accuracy and attention to detail
– Functional English language ability
– Ability to learn and use new internal IT and accounting systems
– Experience managing a small team
– Experience reviewing and improving finance and accounting processes
– Ability to communicate and collaborate with other departments and branches
– High level of integrity and trustworthiness
– Proficient with office systems used (Outlook, Gmail, Google Drive, Word, Excel, etc.) Experience in the travel & tourism industry desirable but not required
– A thorough understanding of the tourism industry desirable but not required
– Ability to perform all job functions independently and at a high level
– Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to actively manage others
– Ability to lead and train teams
– Demonstrated sound decision making and ability to make decisions independently
– Willingness to perform a variety of tasks as needed to increase knowledge of the company’s operations and the tasks of various positions
– Responsible for personal performance and also performance of team members
– Trains and develops more junior staff members
– Takes on ad-hoc projects and initiatives as needed
– Accountable for accuracy and outcomes of team and personal work
– Thorough planner able to plan and work methodically
– Good organizational and time management skills
– Energetic and proactive
– Able to work under pressure
– Ability to multitask
– Demonstrated team player, with a ‘hands-on’ attitude
– A good measure of flexibility and ability to adapt
– High level of interpersonal skills
– Organised self-starter with the ability to motivate others, liaise internally and externally and collaborate effectively with peers and across organisational boundaries
– Creative, Innovative, trustful and a champion of the triple bottom-line.
What we offer:
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected], to the attention of Keagan Willemsen, CFO, and with the Subject Line “Accounting Manager Position”.
Successful shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview, either online or in person. As a large number of applicants are expected, we will not be able to reply to individual applications.