Feel free to drop us a line below!
Sharing Our Passion for Discovery
Launching in early 2019
Register now to be one of the first to gain access to exclusive content and more.
Welcome. Register your details to gain access.
Based in Vientiane, and frequently traveling to other parts of the country, the Assistant General Manager, in particular, support the commercial aspects of the business. Khiri Travel is product-driven, and this is particularly true for Laos. You are passionate about the destination and ensure that this is reflected in the authenticity and originality of Khiri’s products for all market segments: from those arriving by private plane to adventure group tours on a budget. The Assistant General Manager has a commercial mindset and proactively seeks to work with neighboring Khiri Travel countries in selling unique multi-country itineraries based on historical, cultural and natural themes, leveraging increasing infrastructural possibilities. You’ll help the team with commercial insights, and make our clients fall in love with our efficiency, creativity, and punctuality. We are about long-term relations, not about short-term gains or losses.
Reporting to: General Manager, Khiri Travel Laos
• Maximize the potential of our tour operator partners, through competent product analysis and proactive, added value communications
• Relationship management – ensuring our tour operators partners proactively hear from Khiri Laos / products
• Manage the sales team in delivering fast, correct and efficient communications with overseas tour operators
• Be aware of incoming requests, identify problems, and provide proactive direction or assist hands-on in more complicated communications
• Conduct field research to help develop new products, be aware of routings, including those that link itineraries with surrounding countries
• Maximize agent production, by keeping itineraries both cutting edge and marketable
• Manage periodical projects, such as annual re-quote rounds
• Ensure proper usage of IT systems by the team
• Proactively close feedback loop from operational results to sales (and vice versa)
• Be an ambassador for the Khiri brand and Laos as a fabulous destination for travelers of any budget
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended from time to time to meet the needs of the business and the changing landscape in sustainability practices.
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor degree, preferably in Tourism or Business
• At least 2 years of work experience in related field in Southeast Asia
• Fluent in English, a second language an advantage
• Proven excellence in a cross-cultural work environment
• Positive attitude and sincere desire to lead by supporting others
• Excellent communications skills
• Responsible team player who can also thrive working independently
What we offer:
• Full time, results-oriented position. At times, deadlines and time zones may dictate outside office hours work as part of this pivotal position
• Based at our Vientiane office
• Regular travel as part of product updates (count on a trip once a quarter)
• One-year contract, with opportunity for post-contract engagement, subject to a mutual agreement
• Career advancement opportunities in the Khiri Travel organization
• Salary range between $1850 – $2150 / month
• Visa & work permit (if so required)
• Medical and Disability Insurance
• Annual discretionary bonus
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected], to the attention of Willem Niemeijer, Founder & CEO.
Successful shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview, either online or in person.
As a large number of applicants are expected, we will not be able to reply to individual applications.