Title: General Manager
Reports to: CEO Khiri Travel
Overall Job Purpose
As the Khiri Travel Cambodia’s General Manager you are expected to lead, manage, grow and differentiate in accordance with our value’s proposition and core values.
Based in Phnom Penh, and occasionally traveling to other parts of the country, the General Manager is in charge of the overall performance of Khiri Travel Cambodia. Khiri Travel is product-driven, you are passionate about the destination and ensure that this is reflected in the authenticity and originality of Khiri’s products for all market segments: from those arriving by private plane to adventure group tours on a budget. The General Manager has a commercial mindset and proactively seeks to work with neighboring Khiri Travel countries in selling unique multi-country itineraries based on historical, cultural and natural themes, leveraging increasing infrastructural possibilities. You’ll help the team with commercial insights, and make our clients fall in love with our efficiency, creativity, and punctuality. We are about long-term relations, not about short-term gains or losses.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Reporting to Khiri Travel’s CEO, the General Manager’s tasks include, but are not limited to:
- • Manage and grow Khiri Travel Cambodia in all aspects, such as product, revenue, sustainability, and staff training. Passionately pursue the Company’s annual budget target.
- • Lead and develop the Sales, Operations and Accounting teams in an involved, hands-on manner
- • With the support of the experienced Khiri core team in Bangkok, set strategy and manage the company’s P&L
- • Work directly and closely with Khiri’s Chief Commercial Officer, and Khiri’s sales teams in the UK and USA, as well as Khiri colleagues in neighboring countries, to manage effective business development.
- • Contribute relevant content to Khiri Travel’s marketing efforts.
- • Represent the company to business networks, media, and industry peers
- • Manage product development, with a focus on differentiating and original offers, operated by and through Khiri Travel Cambodia offices.
- • Manage the Company’s Sustainability goals, as defined by Travelife criteria and Khiri’s own defined commitments.
- • Contracting, yield management, and financial performance efficiencies
- • Capacity building, staff and guide development, departmental teamwork, recruit, train and develop your management team in a function that complements the GM’s management focus
- • Strengthen and develop core management team, including Branch Office in Siem Reap
- • Maximize the potential of our tour operator partners, through competent product analysis and proactive, added value communications.
- • Relationship management – ensuring our tour operators partners proactively hear from Khiri Cambodia.
- • Manage the sales team in delivering fast, correct and efficient communications with overseas tour operators.
- • Be aware of incoming requests, identify problems, and provide proactive direction or assist hands-on in more complicated communications
- • Maximize agent production, by keeping itineraries both cutting edge and marketable
- • Manage periodical projects, such as annual re-quote rounds
- • Ensure proper usage of IT systems by the team
- • Proactively close feedback loops from operational results to sales (and vice versa)
- • Be an ambassador for the Khiri brand and Cambodia as a fabulous destination for travelers of any budget
What we’re looking for:
- • Regionally-based expatriate
- • Bachelor degree, preferably in Tourism or Business
- • At least 5 years of work experience in related field in Southeast Asia, preferably in Cambodia
- • Fluent in English, a second foreign language an advantage
- • Proven excellence in a cross-cultural work environment
- • Positive attitude and sincere desire to lead by supporting others
- • Excellent communications skills
- • Responsible team player who can also thrive working independently
What we offer:
- • Full time, results-oriented position. At times, deadlines and time zones may dictate outside office hours work as part of this pivotal position
- • Regular travel as part of product updates & sales efforts (count on a trip at least once a quarter)
- • Career advancement opportunities in the Khiri Travel organization
- • Salary range between $2850 – $3350 / month
- • Visa & work permit
- • Medical and disability Insurance
- • Annual discretionary bonus
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected].
Successful shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview, either online or in person. As a large number of applicants are expected,
we will not be able to reply to individual applications.