Feel free to drop us a line below!
Sharing Our Passion for Discovery
Launching in early 2019
Register now to be one of the first to gain access to exclusive content and more.
Welcome. Register your details to gain access.
Based in Nonthaburi, Greater Bangkok Metropolitan Region, and occasionally traveling to other parts of the country, the General Manager is in charge of the overall performance of Khiri Travel Thailand. Khiri Travel is product-driven. You are passionate about the destination, Thailand. Together, we will ensure that this message is reflected in the authenticity and originality of Khiri’s products for all market segments: from those arriving by private plane to adventure group-tours on a budget. The General Manager has a unique-commercially-driven mindset, and proactively seeks to work with neighboring Khiri Travel countries towards selling unique multi-country itineraries based on historical, cultural, and natural themes. Leveraging our infrastructure creativity increases our possibilities. You’ll help the team with commercial insights, and make our (prospective) clients fall in love with our efficiency, creativity, and punctuality. We are about long-term relations, not about short-term gains or losses.
Reporting To: CEO, Khiri Travel
Overall Job Purpose
As the Khiri Travel Thailand’s General Manager, you are expected to lead, manage, grow, and differentiate the Khiri Travel Thailand Team in accordance with our mission, propositions, and core values.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Reporting to Khiri Travel’s CEO, the General Manager’s tasks include, but are not limited to;
• Manage and grow Khiri Travel Thailand in all aspects, such as product, revenue, sustainability and staff training. Passionately pursue the Company’s annual budget targets
• Lead and develop the Sales, Operations, and Accounting teams in an involved and hands-on manner.
• With the support and experience of the core-Khiri team in Bangkok, set strategies and manage the company’s P&L
• Working directly with Khiri’s Chief Commercial Officer, and closely coordinate with Khiri’s sales teams in the UK, USA, Germany, along with additional Khiri colleagues in neighboring countries. The general manager will execute effective business development.
• Contribute relevant content to Khiri Travel’s marketing team
• Represent the company in our business networks, media, and industry peer forums.
• With a focus on differentiated and original offerings, successfully execute Product Development projects that will be operated by and through Khiri Travel Thailand’s offices.
• Manage the Company’s Sustainability goals, as defined by Travelife standards and Khiri’s own established objectives.
• Efficiently oversee contracting, yield management, and financial performance
• Implement successful capacity building through staff and guide development. Recruit, train, and develop your management team while maintaining good departmental teamwork, a key function that complements your management acumen.
• Strengthen and develop core management team, including Branch Offices in Chiang Mai and Phuket.
• Maximize the potential of our tour-operator partners, through competent product analysis. Be proactive and develop value-added communications
• Relationship management – ensuring our tour-operator partners consistently hear from Khiri Thailand.
• Manage the sales team in delivering fast, correct, and efficient communications with overseas tour operators
• Be aware of incoming requests, identify problems, and provide proactive guidance or assist hands-on in more complicated communications
• Maximize agent production, by keeping itineraries both cutting-edge and marketable
• Manage periodical projects, such as annual re-quote rounds
• Ensure proper usage of IT systems by the team
• Proactively close feedback loops from operational results to sales (and vice versa)
• Be an ambassador for the Khiri brand and Thailand as a fabulous destination for travelers of any budget
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended from time to time to meet the needs of the business and the changing landscape in sustainability practices.
What we’re looking for
• Regionally-based expatriate
• Bachelor degree, preferably in Tourism or Business
• At least 5 years of work experience in related field in Southeast Asia, preferably Thailand
• Fluent in English, a second foreign language strongly preferred
• Proven excellence in a cross-cultural work environment
• Positive attitude and sincere desire to lead by supporting others
• Excellent communications skills
• Responsible team player who can also thrive while working independently
What we offer
• Full time, results-oriented position. At times, deadlines and time zones may dictate outside office hours work as part of this pivotal position
• Regular travel as part of product updates & sales efforts (count on a trip at least once per quarter)
• Career advancement opportunities in the Khiri Travel organization
• Salary range between $ 4000 – $5000 / month
• Visa & work permit
• Medical and disability Insurance
• Annual discretionary bonus
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected], to the attention of Herman Hoven, CEO Khiri Travel.
Successful shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview, either online or in-person from the 1st of October 2019.
As a large number of applicants are expected, we will not be able to reply to individual applications.