Feel free to drop us a line below!
Sharing Our Passion for Discovery
Launching in early 2019
Register now to be one of the first to gain access to exclusive content and more.
Welcome. Register your details to gain access.
Khiri Travel, was founded in 1993 and now has offices and specialist teams in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Indonesia and Sri Lanka. A dedicated sales office in the USA bridges the time zones and makes personal contact easier for North American partners. We are Travelife certified in almost all our operations. Khiri Reach is our charity organization and supports projects that help disadvantaged people and environmental conservation. Khiri takes care of any overhead costs, so 100% of donations go to the projects.
As part of the Khiri Core support team, you’ll coordinate the efforts and initiatives of the Khiri Country Offices to be the champion of sustainability amongst its peers. Measurement of results and alignment with the UN’s Sustainability Development Goals are core to the success of our actions.
Khiri Travel covers all overhead costs and initiates support to projects of Khiri Reach, its dedicated charity foundation. We support grassroots projects by fundraising through our industry partners, awareness raising and hands-on staff engagement.
Reporting to: Khiri Travel CEO
Khiri Travel Sustainability Initiatives
• Manage Khiri Travel’s sustainability efforts by monitoring, measurement, and alignment with the UN Sustainability Goals (SDGs)
• Planning & coordinating the Travelife annual auditing activities with representatives from Travelife
• Formulate action plans based on best practices, by spreading Khiri country initiatives throughout the company
• Set objectives to support agreed-upon sustainability strategies, including the formulation of policies and statements
• Be the spokesperson on company matters regarding sustainability
• Coordinate regular training programs in cooperation with sustainability partners
• Work with the marketing department to facilitate internal and external communications on the company’s sustainability efforts and results
• Build effective partnerships with external organizations to support sustainability efforts
• Deliver quarterly Sustainability Reports
Khiri Reach Foundation
• Monitor current Khiri Reach projects through the Khiri Travel staff engagement program
• Set Annual Objectives
• Supports the Khiri staff involved (Ambassadors) with their responsibilities for project planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation
• Lead the efforts of fundraising, mainly through Khiri Travel’s business partner connections
• Engage and steward existing donors, through the delivery of accurate, timely project-specific donor reports
• Deliver Quarterly Reports and sign off on the Annual Financial Accounting
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended from time to time to meet the needs of the business and the changing landscape in sustainability practices.
What we’re looking for:
• At least 2 years of work experience in related field in Southeast Asia
• Bachelor degree, preferably in Tourism or Sustainability
• Positive attitude and sincere desire to lead by supporting others
• Excellent communications skills and versatile writer
• Responsible and dependable team player who can thrive working independently
What we offer:
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
• Based in one of Khiri Travel’s country offices of choice – preference goes to placement in Laos, Vietnam or Cambodia
• Able to attend functions and activities in line with the position outside of normal working hours
• Regular travel to Khiri offices and Khiri Reach projects (count on once a quarter)
• One-year contract, with opportunity for post-contract engagement, subject to a mutual agreement
• Salary range between $1800 – $2100 / month
• Medical and Disability Insurance
• Annual discretionary bonus
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected], to the attention of Willem Niemeijer, Founder & CEO.
Successful shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview, either online or in person.
As a large number of applicants are expected, we will not be able to reply to individual applications