Country Manager at Khiri Travel Laos
Sharing many overland borders and flight connections with neighboring Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia, Laos plays a strategic role in combination programs in the Mekong Region. Khiri Travel Laos is one of the company’s longest operating business units, yet one its smallest, making it an excellent first career step towards general management level.
We are looking for a hands-on professional to lead local team in the Vientiane office and work closely with the management in neighbouring countries to create and operate tours that deliver beyond expectations experiences to our tour operator partners and their clients.
Overall Job Purpose
Lead, grow and manage Khiri Travel Laos in line with our core values.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Reporting to Khiri Travel’s Founder and CEO, the Country Manager’s tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and grow Khiri Travel Laos in all aspects, such as product, revenue, sustainability and staff training
- Lead and develop the Sales, Operational and Accounting teams in an involved, hands-on manner
- Ensure company’s online reservation, CRM and management systems are implemented to the full extent
- Use business data analysis from systems to consistently improve quality and bottom line
- With the support of the experienced Khiri corporate team in Bangkok, set strategy and manage the company’s P&L
- Working direct and closely with Khiri’s Chief Commercial officer, and Khiri’s sales teams in the UK and USA, as well as Khiri colleagues in neighboring countries, to manage effective business development.
- Contribute relevant content to Khiri Travel’s marketing effort
- Represent the company to business networks, media and industry peers
- Support Travelife, the company’s sustainability platform and ensure commitment to Khiri Reach, the company’s charity
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate is an experienced travel professional; a high-energy leader with proven hands-on management skills and track record. The person we look for is an excellent coach with cross-cultural people skills and the ability to develop and motivate teams and management to new heights.
Key knowledge and background
The ideal candidate is an expat currently living in Asia, who has:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a management position in the travel and leisure industry in Asia, preferably in the Mekong Region
- Excellent regional knowledge of travel industry
- Excellent English skills, with a second western language as an advantage.
- Good communicator, adept in interpersonal skills.
- Detail-orientated, adept in action planning and follow-through to success
We offer a competitive salary, work permit, insurance and benefits.
The position will require periodic travel within the country , as well regional and international trips.
Apply by sending your resume and letter of motivation, addressed to Willem Niemeijer, Founder and CEO, by email directly to [email protected].
** Because of the large amount of applications expected, we regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted **