Khiri Recommends: Howie’s HomeStay in Chiang Mai
Khiri Travel inspected a luxury homestay 30 kms north of Chiang Mai town in the Mae Sa valley a few weeks ago. We loved it. Here’s why.
The idea and construction of Howie’s HomeStay as a five-star luxury private boutique resort started seven years ago, but wasn’t finished until last year.
The Bill Bensley designed homestay consists of two compounds (Teak Pavilion and The Family Suite) with four private areas, a saltwater swimming pool and a magnificent garden.
It really is a homestay as in the evenings Mr. Howie and his Thai wife (Jerri) cook and they eat together with the clients.
Altogether four luxurious rooms are available.
Included in Howie’s HomeStay are:
- Airport pickup arrival and departure
- Laundry service (excludes dry cleaning)
- High speed wireless Internet throughout the property
- In residence mini bar
- All meals in residence and unlimited fresh tropical fruit
- Alcoholic beverages are not included, but can be brought in from outside
- Excursions/sightseeing trips can be arranged.
For an enthusiastic review of Howie’s HomeStay in the UK’s Financial Times magazine, “How to Spent It,” click here.
For more information and bookings, please contact [email protected].