The Green Season, a Refreshing Retreat in Myanmar
Khiri Travel Myanmar cautions their customers about discounting the benefits of traveling during the green season. The annual rainy season can be a refreshing retreat.
We often hear about horror stories describing the months of April until September (during the annual monsoons or green season) as an unbearable time to travel around Myanmar. This fortunately is more fiction than fact.
The months during the green season are one of the country’s best-kept secrets! Those of us at Khiri Travel Myanmar who have had family and friends come visit during this time have recommendations that may surprise your clients.
Here are our best reasons to come to Myanmar during the green season:
- The landscape all around the country is very lush and green (even in the dry zone).
- There are fewer tourists and smaller crowds meaning your clients would enjoy exclusive visits to tourist sights.
- This being the tourism low season, there are very competitive hotel deals, some with up to 50% discounts.
- Local businesses need year-round customers so low season arrivals enable more income sustainability.
- The green season is fruit season! Mangoes and other seasonal fruits are at their best, sweet goodness.
- The monsoon winds bring rain, but the rain is usually confined to afternoon thunderstorms that pass quickly.
The green season is a secret we are happy to share with you! For more information and bookings for Myanmar’s low season, please leave your contact information in the form below.
[expert-call-out-box id = ‘16761’]