The Green Season in Myanmar – Deals Are Waiting
The “green season” is again waiting around the corner. We at Khiri Myanmar believe that the coming months are the perfect time for your clients to choose Myanmar on the spur of the moment. Lasting from May through September, the months during the green season are one of the country’s best-kept secrets! And, contrary to popular belief, rainfall during the rainy season generally comes at the end of the day and colors the landscape, along with the angle of the setting sun, with every beautiful shade of green.
Those of us at Khiri Travel Myanmar who have had family and friends come visit during this time have recommendations that may surprise your clients. Indeed, statistics indicate that it rains only about 25% of all the days during the green season in the top tourist destinations of Bagan, Mandalay, Northern Shan State, Kalaw and Inle Lake. Even if the rain comes, afternoon showers are usually intense but short.
Here are 10 great reasons to come to Myanmar’s 50 shades of the green season:
- The landscape all around the country is very lush and green (even in the Dry Zone).
- There are more hours of daylight for sightseeing with earlier sunrises and later sunsets.
- It’s not too hot in the dry zone and not too cold in the mountains.
- There are fewer tourists and smaller crowds at top tour sites and transport hubs.
- Fewer tourists means less chance of other tourists photo-bombing your selfie!
- The low season offers very competitive hotel deals, some with up to 50% discounts. There are also better choice of rooms and guides.
- Low season arrivals enable more income sustainability for local businesses that operate year round.
- The green season is fruit season! Mangoes and other seasonal fruits are at their best, sweet goodness.
- The monsoon winds bring rain, but it is usually confined to afternoon thunderstorms that pass quickly.
- There are many good promotions and excellent value for your money.
The green season is a secret we are happy to share with you! For more information and bookings for Myanmar’s low season, please leave your contact information in the form below.
[expert-call-out-box id = ‘16761’]